VJ vs SRK
Just an idea flashed in my mind about the simlarities between Vijay and Shah Rukh Khan… There are striking differences between the two in many aspects, but I am listing out the similarities here…
* Both of them started off their careers with a negative impression all around about their looks, acting, dancing etc. Lots of negative comments had been thrown at both in early stages.
* Both of them have done films well qualified for Midnight viewing. If it was VJ’s songs in his earlier films being favorites in Midnight Masalas, SRK’s film “Maya Memsaab” is one of popular movies slated for midnight shows on Hindi Channels.
* Both of them have played negative hero roles in their early career. If SRK did it in Darr, Anjaam and Baazigar, VJ did it in Priyamudan.
* Both of them had total non-heroic looks when they started their careers and grew younger as years passed. While Vj is still able to carry over college guy image, SRK’s charm went to the extreme of getting him voted as Sexiest Man in India couple of years back.
* Both of them had love marriage arranged by parents. SRK married Gowri and Vj married Sangeetha.
* Both have a small and happy family. With wife, a son and a daughter. And both are similar in their attachment towards their family.
* Both of them have built a beautiful huge bungalow for their respective families. If SRK’s Mannat is the talk of Mumbai, Neelankarai house of VJ is no lesser, built completely in European style.
* Both of them are favourites of big production houses. If Yash Raj films has adopted SRK, VJ is the favourite of AM Rathnam’s Surya movies.
* Both guys have a very good knack for comedy. It is widely appreciated in the respective industries.
* While SRK is the brand ambassador of Sunfeast biscuits, Vijay’s films have been promoting Sunfeast brand of late.
* Both of them are being prompted as the next superstars in their respective industries. While for SRK, Superstar Amitabh himself has conferred the title, for VJ it is a tough job as Tamil Cine fans refuse to accept anyone other than Rajinikanth as Superstar.
* Both have good friendship with contemporaries. While for SRK it is Salman Khan, it is Vikram for VJ.
* Both of them were under criticism that all their films have similar story lines and look similar. While SRK has taken conscious efforts to avoid such tags, VJ has hardly tried to come out of the stamping.
* Both guys repeat heroines and experiment on On-Screen chemistry. Kajol turned out to be SRk’s best pair among Juhi and Madhuri. While Simran forms VJ’s best pair among Trisha and Jyothika.
* Both the stars’ wives take care of the costume department in their films.
* And last but not the least both stars are one among the highest paid actors in their respective industries.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .